Biscotti are my new favorite morning treat! They are so versatile with any flavors you want to throw in them. Dipped in coffee or tea to soften up….amazing!
Cinnamon Chocolate Chip Biscotti
- 1 3/4 cup + 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup mini semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 4 tsp milk
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, salt baking powder and mini chocolate chips.
- In a medium bowl, mix together butter and sugar with a hand beater until light and fluffy. Add in vanilla extract and mix until combined.
- Add eggs, one at a time, until well combined.
- Fold in dry ingredients until almost combined and then sprinkle in cinnamon and finish mixing.
- Dust parchment paper on try with flour and dump biscotti dough on top. Separate it into two parts and form each half into a long flat rectangle. About 12 inches long and 1/2 inch high. Make sure ends are straight.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until light golden brown and firm to the touch.
- Once baked, let cool for 5-10 minutes and turn oven down to 280 degrees.
- On a cutting board, using a serrated knife, slice logs at a diagonal into thick slices. Place each cookie on it’s side back onto the cookie sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes then flip them over and bake for an additional 20 minutes, to get them very dried out.
- Cool on tray before icing with glaze.
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients into a thick but smooth-drizzle consistency. (May require more liquid to make the right consistency. You want it to slowly drizzle off the spatula.)
- Transfer mixture to an icing bag or sandwich bag and cut a small tip off the bottom.
- Drizzle over biscotti and let set.