Classic sugar cookies with a splash of color…how can you go wrong?
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 egg yolks lightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup rainbow sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt.
- In a stand mixer, fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter and sugar together on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add egg yolks and vanilla, mix well.
- Turn speed down to low and slowly add flour mixture. Mix until just combined. (Do not overmix.) Remove bowl from stand and fold in sprinkles.
- Using a one-ounce cookie scoop, scoop 12 balls of cookies onto each cookie sheet.
- Bake one sheet at a time on the middle rack for 10-12 minutes.
- Let cool on sheet for 5 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack.