I am obsessed with biscotti lately. If I don’t have one with my coffee in the morning, I feel like I am missing something!
- 1 3/4 cup + 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup rainbow sprinkles
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 4 tsp milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, salt baking powder and rainbow sprinkles.
- In a medium bowl, mix together butter and sugar with a hand beater until light and fluffy. Add in vanilla extract and mix until combined.
- Add eggs, one at a time, until well combined.
- Fold in dry ingredients until combined.
- Dust parchment paper on try with flour and dump biscotti dough on top. Separate it into two parts and form each half into a long flat rectangle. About 12 inches long and 1/2 inch high. Make sure ends are straight.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until light golden brown and firm to the touch.
- Once baked, let cool for 5-10 minutes and turn oven down to 280 degrees.
- On a cutting board, using a serrated knife, slice logs at a diagonal into thick slices. Place each cookie on it’s side back onto the cookie sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes then flip them over and bake for an additional 20 minutes, to get them very dried out.
- Cool on tray before icing with glaze.
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients into a thick but smooth-drizzle consistency. (May require more liquid to make the right consistency. You want it to slowly drizzle off the spatula.)
- Transfer mixture to an icing bag or sandwich bag and cut a small tip off the bottom.
- Drizzle over biscotti and let set.