I’ve tried my fair share of chocolate chip cookies. It has been my goal over the years to have the perfect recipe for them…and this is it!!
Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup butter microwaved till just before its about to melt
- ¾ cup light brown sugar packed
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 egg
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Coarse sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl mix together the flour, baking soda and the salt.
- In a bowl of a stand mixer, fitted with the paddle attachment, beat together the butter, sugars, vanilla extract and the vinegar until smooth and light in color. Then mix in the egg until just combined.
- Slowly add the flour mixture into the wet mixture until just combined. Stir in the chips.
- Use a large cookie scoop (about 2 tbsp) and place cookies on parchment lined baking sheet about 3 inches apart.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, they will look light brown around the edges and will look underdone in the center. Remove from the oven and immediately sprinkle each cookie with a little sea salt. Let cool slightly on cookie sheet before transferring to cooling rack.