Pecan Pie is by far my favorite holiday pie. These bars are super gooey and you get so much more for your effort than a pie! These are now my go to for holiday dessert!
Pecan Pie Bars
- 2.5 cups + 2 tbsp all purpose flour (315g)
- 3/4 cup sugar (150g)
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans (55g)
- 1.5 cups butter room temperature
- 2/3 cup brown sugar packed, (133g)
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 eggs large
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup light or dark corn syrup
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 3 cups pecans chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a 9×13 baking dish with parchment paper.
- Place pecans in food processor and pulse until very fine.
- Combine pecans, flour, sugar, and salt in a bowl and whisk until combined.
- Cut butter into dry mixture until it becomes like wet sand.
- Press crust into bottom of pan and up the sides of the pan.
- Bake crust for about 20 minutes, or until lightly golden brown.
- While crust bakes, whisk together brown sugar, salt, eggs and vanilla.
- Add the corn and maple syrup and whisk until very well combined.
- Stir in the chopped pecans.
- Lightly pour over the hot crust and bake for about 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes for easier cutting.