I used to bring these into the office all the time before I switched to be working from home. My co-workers would always call them “Breakfast Bars” since they had cereal in them and it made us feel better about eating all of them before lunch!
Fruity Pebble Rice Krispie Treats
- 5 tbsp butter
- 10 cups mini marshmallows split into 8 cups and 2 cups
- 4 cups Rice Krispie cereal
- 2 cups Fruity Pebble cereal
- 1/2 tsp salt
- In a medium bowl combine both cereals and the salt.
- Use a large pasta pot and melt the butter over medium heat.
- After the butter has melted, add 8 cups of the mini marshmallows. Stir continuously over medium heat so that the marshmallows won’t burn.
- Once the marshmallows have melted, turn off the heat, and add the mixed cereals. Stir a few times and then add the remaining 2 cups of marshmallows. Stir until completely combined.
- Pour out the mixture into a greased or parchment lined 9×13 pan. (You can always use a smaller pan for thicker bars.) Press it down into the corners and let cool for about 15 minutes before cutting.