My mother has been making these bars since before I can remember. They are our families go to dessert all the time! Super dense and rich!
- 2 cups graham cracker crushed
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 7 tbsp butter melted unsalted
- 5 1/3 cup shredded coconut sweetened 14 oz. bag
- 1 cup chocolate chips semi-sweet
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk 14 oz.
- Preheat oven to 375℉.
- Put two packets of graham crackers (about 18 crackers) into a blender or food processor. Pulse until a fine grainy mixture.
- Transfer the graham cracker mixture to a medium bowl. Stir in the sugar and then pour in melted butter. Stir until mixture holds shape when squeezed between fingers.
- Press mixture into parchment lined 9×13 pan.
- In a medium bowl mix the coconut and chocolate chips and lightly press it on top of the graham cracker crust.
- Pour the sweetened condensed milk evenly over the top of the coconut/chocolate chips and leave to soak in for 10 minutes.
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until the coconut turns golden brown on top.