Tart and sweet lemon bars and one of the best desserts out there. These have some lemon zest in the crust to give even more lemon flavor!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar sifted
- 1/2 cup butter cold
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 tsp lemon zest
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup purpose flour
- 1/4 cup confectioners sugar
- Preheat oven to 300℉ and line a 13×9 pan with parchment paper.
- In a stand mixer, fitted with the whisk attachment, mix the flour, butter, sugar and salt together. Mix on a low speed until the butter is broken up into a small crumble texture.
- Press the mixture into the pan and form edges up the side of the pan about an inch to an inch and a half.
- Bake crust for about 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let the crust cool while mixing the filling.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the eggs and sugar with a whisk. Then add in the lemon zest and lemon juice. Finally add in the flour and baking powder.
- Pour mixture in cooled crust and transfer to oven. Bake for about 35 minutes or until the filling has just a slight jiggle.
- Let bars cool completely before cutting so that the filling is set.
- Use a strainer or sifter to cover lemon bars with confectioners sugar.