These scones are super soft and moist. I grew up not really liking scones because they were always dry and hard. These have changed my mind!
Chocolate Chip Scones
- 3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- 2 cups cold heavy whipping cream
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg beaten
- Preheat oven to 375℉. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour, sugars, baking powder, and salt. Mix in the chocolate chips.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the heavy cream and vanilla extract. Stir everything together until ingredients are just moistened. Don’t over mix!
- Turn dough out onto a floured surface. Knead for about a minute until everything is just about combined. Then separate the dough into two equal parts. (Can just eye it. Doesn’t need to be exactly the same weight.)
- Flatten each half into an 8-inch disk and slice each one into 6 triangles. (see photos)
- Place triangles about an inch apart from each other on a baking sheet and brush with the egg wash.
- Bake scones for 20 minutes or until the tops and bottoms are golden.