This bark is a solid party treat! Who can resist the sweet and salty combo?
Chocolate Caramel Pretzel Bark
- 3 cups 18 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips (separated into 2 cups and 1 cup)
- 3 1/2 cups pretzels
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter softened
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Melt 2 cups of the chocolate over a double boiler. Spread in a thin layer on parchment paper lined baking sheet, about a 12×10 rectangle.
- Press pretzels on top. It’s ok if some of the pretzels don’t go into the chocolate, the caramel will help hold everything together. Put baking sheet in fridge.
- Make the caramel, while the chocolate sets.
- Combine the cream, sugar, brown sugar, and corn syrup in a medium heavy duty saucepan. Mix over medium heat, stirring constantly as the sugar dissolves.
- Once the mixture comes to a boil, attach a candy thermometer to the pan. Cook and carefully stir every couple minutes until the temperature reaches 245℉. 7) Once the temperature reaches 245℉, remove from heat, stir in salt, vanilla paste and butter until well combined and butter is completely melted.
- Remove baking sheet from fridge, pour caramel over the top of the chocolate/pretzels. Let sit out at room temperature for about an hour to set.
- After an hour, melt remaining 1 cup of chocolate chips over a double boiler, and drizzle over the top of the bark, on top of the caramel.
- Place baking sheet in fridge to set for 1-2 hours. Once firm, cut into squares.