Creamy peanut butter pie with chocolate and crunchy bits! It’s a group favorite!
Peanut Butter Icebox Pie
- 2 1/2 cups Nilla wafer crumbs
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter melted
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cup cream cheese room temperature
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar sifted
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup caramel sauce homemade or store-bought, optional
- 1 cup chopped Peanut Butter cups
- 1/4 cups peanuts chopped
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large bowl, stir together the Nilla wafer crumbs and brown sugar. Add melted butter and mix until well combined
- Press crumb mixture into a deep pie tin and make sure it in nice and compact and goes up around the sides to the top.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until fragrant. Let cool before filling.
- In a stand mixer with the whisk attachment, whip the heavy cream on medium speed until stiff peaks form. Transfer to bowl for later.
- In stand mixer bowl, now with paddle attachment, beat cream cheese on medium until smooth. Scrape down sides.
- Add peanut butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla and beat until light and creamy. Remove bowl and gently fold in whipped cream with spatula until combined.
- If using caramel, spread thin layer on top of cooled pit crust.
- Spread filling onto of crust/caramel.
- Garnish with chopped peanut butter cups and peanuts.
- Refrigerate for 2-4 hours, or overnight.
Recipe from The Magnolia Bakery Handbook