These are very thin and crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside chocolate chip cookies! So good!!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two baking sheets with foil, full side up.
- In a small bowl whisk together flour, salt, and baking soda. In another small bowl whisk together egg, water, and vanilla. Set both aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter on medium until creamy, about 1 minute. Add the sugar and brown sugar and beat on medium until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add in wet mixture on low speed until combined. Add dry mixture on low shows until combined. Remove bowl from stand mixer and mix in chocolate chips by hand.
- Using the 1/4 cup cookie scoop, form dough into balls and place about 3-4 cookies on baking sheet, well spaced apart as these cookies spread a lot.
- Bake one tray at a time for about 8 minutes until spread out but still puffed up in center. Lift sheet pan a few inches of the rack in the oven and let fall back down, so edges appear around cookies. Then every 2 minutes lift and bang the pan again until the cookies turn golden brown around the edges, about 15 minutes.
- Let first tray cool while you begin baking the second one. Once first tray of cookies is cooled, transfer cookies to rack.
Recipe from 100 Cookies Cookbook by Sarah Kieffer