These passover treats are SO good! The crunch with the salty/sweet combo of these are amazing!
Chocolate Toffee Matzo Bark
- 5 salted matzo crackers
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup brown sugar packed
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt optional
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil up around edges.
- Arrange the matzo crackers in a single layer on the foil, breaking them as necessary to fit.
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir in the sugar and kosher salt and bring to a boil. (the mixture should be bubbling all over, not just on the edges) Continue to boil for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla.
- Pour the mixture over the top of the matzo. Using a rubber spatula, quickly spread the toffee mixture to coat the matzo. Bake in oven until the toffee is bubbling, about 5 to 6 minutes.
- Take out of oven and sprinkle the chocolate chips over the hot toffee in an even layer. Let sit until the chocolate is melted, about 5 minutes. Use a spatula to gently spread out the chocolate, then sprinkle with the sea salt, if using. Let sit at room temperature for 1 hour, then refrigerate for another hour to set completely.
- Break into pieces and serve, or store in an airtight container at cool room temperature for up to 2 weeks.