Fall is all about the pumpkins! These are one of my favorite recipes and I wish pumpkin could be more appreciated all year!
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups pumpkin puree
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/3 cup cream cheese room temperature
- 2/3 cup butter room temperature
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 5 1/3 cups powdered sugar sifted
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Prepare 2 12-cup cupcake pans with 20 liners.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon.
- In a stand mixer, fitted with the paddle attachment, combine the eggs, pumpkin puree, sugar, and oil until it is lighter in color. About 5 minutes.
- Add the flour mixture and mix until all lumps have been incorporated.
- Using a cookie scoop (1/4 cup size), fill the cupcake liners and bake for about 20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- In a stand mixer, fitted with a paddle attachment, mix the cream cheese and butter until well combined.
- On low, add the maple syrup and the vanilla. Mix about 2 minutes until combined.
- With the speed still on low, add in the powdered sugar, about 2 cups at a time, until fully incorporated and icing is smooth.