Between the apples, cranberries and the cinnamon flavor these muffins are irresistible!
Apple and Cranberry Muffins
- 8 cups unpeeled Granny Smith apples diced into 1/2 inch chunks
- 1 1/3 cups granulated sugar
- 3 eggs lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup fresh cranberries chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. 2. Line two cupcake pans with 20 liners.
- In a large bowl, mix apples with sugar until fully coated.
- In a small bowl, whisk together eggs, vegetable oil, and vanilla extract. Pour mixture over apples and gently fold everything together until fully combined.
- In another small bowl, whisk together flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt. Add the flour mixture to the apple mixture and mix using a heavy wooden spoon or spatula. (The mixture will be very thick and hard to mix.)
- Food in the cranberries and mix until flour is just fully combined.
- Scoop the mixture into the 20 prepared cupcake liners. Should fill them almost to the top.
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
Recipe from The Magnolia Bakery Handbook