My favorite brownies are super dense and fudge like. So rich that it takes serious will power to make through one bar. These are those type of brownies. With the little chunks of chocolate chips…they are just perfect!
Double Chocolate Brownies
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup dark cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter melted and cooled
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease a 9×13 inch pan and line it with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sugar, melted butter, and vanilla until combined. Add eggs to mixture, one at a time, until fully combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into parchment lined pan and spread evenly.
- Bake for 28-30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out semi clean.
- Cool completely and then cut into your preferred size squares.
Recipe from The Magnolia Bakery Handbook